What new friends will give you the chance? Let's see and Join now to Griddix - the web democracy!
1. What's Griddix?
1. Griddix is an International Social Game
based on random aggregation mechanism. Griddix creates International human clusters, regardless of nationality, social classes, religion, etc.
Imagine an infinite chessboard, populated by people in a totally random way. Men and women like the black and white squares of the chessboard.
Where relationships among users, are possible only by the proximity they have with another member of the board.
So Griddix gives you the chance to make new relations, to get new International friends, to get new business opportunies.
2. How do I subscribe to Griddix?
2. You just have to choose your nickname and insert some base informations, gender, country, age, a personal short description, your main interests, email and password. The subscription is free and it's lifelong.
Another important step is to upload a picture of your face.
Immediately after your profile approvation you'll put in Griddix world on random basis and you can begin to interact and send messages to your 8 neighbours, 4 women and 4 men immediately adjacent to you.
3. How can I get in touch with people who aren't close to me?
3. Griddix has been created to give its members countless opportunities to meet new people and get new opportunities. After subscription, you can communicate with your 8 new neighbors, people immediately adjacent to you, but you can navigate the Griddix universe in all directions.
To get in touch and communicate with people that are not adjacent to you, you must ask to exchange cell with one of the neighbour of the user you wish to know. The exchange is possible only with people of the same sex.
The user that will get the position exchange request is free to accept or deny your request. If he refuses, you have 3 more opportunities, with the other neighbors of the user you want to know.
4. The position exchange is free?
4. No, the position exchange with another Griddix user is not free for the user that makes the request.
When you request a position exchange and when the other member accepts your request you have to pay some credits.
The user that accepts the your position exchange request will get some credits (3 credits).
You can check the Credit policy in the table below:
||30 credits (3 position exchanges)
||80 credits (8 position exchanges)
||190 credits (19 position exchanges)
You can buy some credit in your 'Edit Profile' page using PayPal secure payment service.
You can stay in Griddix lifelong for free, if you don't move you don't have to pay anything. In any case, every two months, we'll move for you with a general scramble of all Griddix cells in a random way.
5. May I lock one of my neighbours?
5. Yes. If you don't want to be bothered by one of your neighbours or friends, you can put her/him in the Locked List choosing the Menu voice Lock Profile
6. May I add one of my neighbours to my friends?
6. Yes. You can add at any time one of your neighbours to your Friends List.
7. May I freeze my account?
7. Yes you can freeze your account at any time. Go to our Contact Page
and send us your user ID and your email requiring to freeze your account.
During the freezing period you will not be visible to other Griddix users until you ask us again to unlock it using again our Contact Page.
8. May I delete my account?
8. Yes. You can delete your account at any time. After account deletion all your personal data will be deleted by our server and you will not be able to login to Griddix.
You will always register to Griddix in a second time.
9. How do I search other users?
9. You can navigate the Griddix universe in all directions to search for other users, who may be interested or who have common interests with you.
10. How do I contact the profiles that interest me?
When you want to have contacts with someone that is not immediately adjacent to you, send messages and chat with him/her, you must send a position exchange request with one of his/her neighbours of your same gender.
So you have four different chances for every member.
11. How do I read my new messages?
11. Just click on the 'Message Center' link that it's in top navigation bar.
The latest messages are also visible in your 'Personal Home'.
12. How do I write a post inside my 'Personal Home' or in a friend profile page?
12. It's very easy. Just go to the page bottom where you can see post textbox and insert directly your post text, pictures or video (flv format) to upload, the url to a
web page or to a Youtube or Vimeo video that you want to link directly in your wall, the press the 'Share' button.
You you want to lock some users to post in your 'Personal Home' you can add them to your 'Locked profiles' list, click on menu voice 'Lock profile'.
You can write posts in your 'Personal Home' and in every user profile pages.
You can also delete posts in every moment.
If you consider that a post is Spam, you can send us a notice by menu just on right side of the post. Our Staff will get the notice and it'll consider to delete it.
13. May I decide from which user get messages, posts, comments and chat?
13. You can get private messages and chat just by your friends and neighbours, users that are in your Friends list.
You can get and send posts, comments to all users, unless you'll add them to 'Locked profiles' list.
14. May I protect my Image Gallery?
14. Yes, sure. In your 'Edit profile' page you can decide to show your pics only to your friends & neighbours or everybody.
15. How do I report a user that included images or texts not suited to the site?
15. Griddix takes very seriously this issue, in the respect of all users!
You can go to our Contact page
and send us the ID of the user that uploaded inappropriate material, please insert in the Subject 'User Complaint'.
16. Why in Griddix chat there are few people?
16. The number of people connected to the public Griddix chat is not maintained by us: after the first login you just can start chatting with your neighbours, the 8 users immediately adjacent to you, once they are online with you.
As soon as you make new friends, by browsing our universe and make many position exchanges, you can chat with all your Friends will be online with you.
17. What is the Category and what function does it have?
17. The Category that you choose at the time of registration and that can always be changed on the page 'Edit Profile' is the distinctive mark that more represents you.
You will need to make a user selection in infinite Griddix Universe based on your category of interest.
18. In my 'Personal Home' I see a count down what function does it have?
18. The countdown shows the time remaining to the complete mixing of Griddix cells.
If you don't move, periodically, we will move for you and we'll find you new friends.
19. What is a Flash Room e how it works?
19. A Flash Room is a temporary room populated, besides you, with 24 users (12 women and 12 men) selected randomly from the universe of Griddix, lasting for 7 days.
For the duration of the Flash Room you can talk, send messages and write posts, to all 24 users and you can also add them to your friends list.
After 7 days, you can always create a new Flash Room with 24 new users to interact with.
20. How do I see the grid incorrectly?
20. The fact that you see the grid incorrectly, with the cells not alternate like on a chessboard, often depends on the Zoom level of your browser.
Set always the Zoom level of your browser to 100%, to display the Griddix grid properly.
21. What is the Geolocation and how it works?
21. When you activate the Geolocation in Griddix within your 'Edit Profile' page, and if you have a new generation browser (Internet Explorer version 8 or later, Google Chrome version 5 or later,
Firefox 3.5 or higher, Safari 5 or later, Opera 6.10 or later), the browser asks you if you want to communicate your position.
If you agree, your browser will collect information about nearby wireless access points and IP address of your computer.
Then your browser will send this to the default service provider for location-based service, Google Location Services,
to receive an estimate of your position. Finally, this information will be saved in your Griddix profile, in fields latitude and longitude.
If you choose not to activate Griddix geolocation, information relating to your last position will not be saved in your profile
and the browser will not make any operation.
For more information about the Geolocation browsers will refer you to the page
Geolocation in Firefox
for more information on browser compatibility, we refer to the page
location sharing from your computer